Project Delivery Methods
Build for Rent
McCarthy Homes is determined to not only make our high-quality homes available for sale, but also for rent. As the housing needs in the United States continue to evolve, we are working to address the increased demand for single-family rentals.
- Tenants realize that renting can offer a lower cost of living and a higher quality of life than traditional homeownership.
- Many are opting for single-family rental homes that offer a sense of place, community, and urban-like amenities.
- Individuals are becoming more accustomed to working from home.
Today, the single-family build-to-rent market is more attractive to both tenants and investors for a variety of reasons:
- Renters have more choice and flexibility
- Predictable and lower maintenance costs
- Build-to-rent home designs are tailored to tenant needs.
- Larger and more private rental living is attractive to families.
- Tenants stay in single-family rentals longer than multifamily or apartment rentals
- Lower transaction costs compared to buying one-off homes listed on the MLS
The Vines at Riverpark is a 164-townhome community we built which was a successful build to rent product. Shortly after construction completion and full lease up, Champion Real Estate Development Co. in Los Angeles purchased The Vines at Riverpark for a total $55.5 million. This was a total of $338,628 per unit, the highest price paid for a property of at least 100 units in Ventura County in about a decade.
We are committed to providing a healthy workplace for our staff and trade partners, so we require a safe and clean job site. To ensure continual improvement in our safety practices, we employ a 3rd party company who performs periodic reviews of our safety management plan, conducting monthly audits for OSHA compliance.
COVID-19 + Increased Jobsite Safety
The safety of our clients, employees, and trade partners is our priority. We follow Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and have implemented strict protocols and standard operating procedures on-site. Our approach to safety consists of a combination of measures: required face masks, minimizing in-person meetings and large gatherings, enforcing social distancing guidelines of six feet or more, installing additional hand wash and sanitizer stations, daily surveying individuals to ensure they are symptom-free, posting highly-visible signage related to COVID-19 protocols, thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all at-risk areas and portable bathrooms multiple times daily. These protocols will continue to evolve in response to new developments.